Sunday, December 7, 2008

The perfect tree...

The 1st Annual Leavitt Christmas Tree Hunt was held today, December 6. And what an event it was. Today will go down in history as one of those days that I never want to forget. It was so beautiful outside. December was definitely in the air, but the sun shined brightly all day. There was about 4 inches of snow dusting Red Lodge... perfect for a 2 year old to run and play. He RAN and giggled and threw snow all day long.
We kicked the day off with a big bowl of Ashli's chili and chips and hot cocoa, and we were ready for the hunt. The whole gang (our good friends the Trombley's were with us) plodded along and scoped out the greenery.
Despite AJ's fears that we would never find a tree good enough to meet my specifications, we did. Only about an hour into our journey.



He man-handled my tree and we tagged it and called it ours. I am tickled with it.


I strapped Shay into the baby back-pack and there she hung out, all bundled up all day. She seemed to enjoy the fresh air as much as we did.



It really was a great time. It was one of those days were I come home and instantly hit my knees to thank my Heavenly Father for the little things. AJ and I fell in love again today, Benson explored and ran and had fun, Shay was her sweet self... and the forest was so clean, crisp, and beautiful. It was a blessed day anyway you look at it...

2 comments:

Ashli said...

WE had a great time with you. Thanks for hauling our monster home. Love those pictures too!

Hmm said...

Looks like it was a wickedly fun time. And I read your post while listening to Groban. Inspiring.